Founded in 2015, Dialectica is an information services start-up that innovates how business professionals share knowledge and gain access to primary research worldwide. Dialectica partners with the world’s leading investment and consulting companies, enabling them to collect real-time information and market insights from industry experts across markets, industries, and regions.
Guided by its mission to achieve unparalleled customer recognition, Dialectica is building the most trusted and innovative knowledge-sharing platform in the world. Every day Dialectica works on its aspiration to be a truly industry-leading organization by attracting and cultivating ambitious talent based in Athens, London, New York, and Montreal. Dialectica plans to have a strong presence across the world with more than 1,000 team members in the coming five years.
Dialectica has been recognized as one of Europe’s fastest-growing companies for 2022 by the Financial Times and as one of the Best Workplaces and a top employer in Greece in 2021 and 2022 by the Great Place to Work Institute.
About the Role
We are looking for a highly experienced and motivated UX Designer to join our growing team and raise the bar on how we design digital products at Dialectica.
We’re looking for someone who can creatively solve complicated problems, by focusing on people and doing the simple things first. We want someone who is passionate about developing quality experiences, ensuring that our products and features are valuable for people, easy to use, and of the highest level of craft and execution. We search for professionals who utilize the full range of their UX design skills to contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams.
Are you interested in joining our UX team to lead our next product’s design?
- We craft experiences for people. We perform user research and take people the way they are, not the way we want them to be.
- We keep asking why until we find the root causes.
- We think around systems, not specific features or solutions.
- We believe in research cycles, the perfect solution now might not be perfect in a year.
- We strive for outcomes over outputs.
- We prefer data over opinions.
- We favor simple solutions over complex ones.
Key job responsibilities
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable
- Design flows and experiences that simplify and distill down complex processes and flows into usable interfaces
- Deliver mesmerizing interfaces that are also functional
- Communicate UX design decisions to multiple types of organizational stakeholders
- Work closely with other UX Designer, UX Researchers, Product Managers, BI Analysts, and our technology team to create creative design solutions
- Give and solicit feedback from designers and a broader product team in order to continually raise our bar for quality
- Use best practices and visual design principles to create sets of possible solutions to the same problem so that they can be tested before they are developed and offered to our customers and staff
- You have several years of proven success in creating digital experiences and products
- A portfolio that demonstrates past work experience and deliverables (e.g. prototypes, flows, UX research deliverables, IA strategy, hi-fidelity UI, and motion design), highlighting multiple projects and your direct contributions
- You have significant design experience with proficiency in typography, desktop/mobile UI, color, layout, iconography, and aesthetic sense and how these elements impact product function
- You use a variety of prototyping methods, share best practice, and coach others
- You have the ability to create interactive experiences with prototyping software or by hand
- You can apply strategic thinking to provide the best experience for the user
- You have experience in driving the vision of a successful product playing a critical role in setting goals and direction while making decisions that reach a common goal based on the impact to people and the company
- You can design systems for use across multiple products and can identify the simplest of a variety of approaches
- You can build consensus between departments or independent stakeholders
- You can be an advocate of UX design, that can engage skeptical colleagues and stakeholders
- You can maintain a data-informed, empathy-driven mindset even when under pressure
- A graduate degree in Design, Arts, Visual Communication, Psychology, HCI, or similar
- Passion for understanding the latest learnings in interaction design, technology, and UX and applying these to your work
- Understanding of technologies such as HTML and CSS to inform design and interaction decisions
- Ability to lead and ideate products from scratch and improve features within a user-centered design process
- Experience with B2B products for global markets
- Experience connecting your work with other related initiatives across the company while driving collaboration
- Curious, exhibiting a growth mindset, and getting excited by working on a constantly evolving team
- Comfortable with a high degree of ambiguity
- Competitive base salary with additional performance incentives
- Coverage under the company’s collective health insurance plan
- Learning and development opportunities (e.g. onboarding, Mini-MBA, on-the-job training, individual learning budget, NN/group courses and many others!)
- Hybrid work model & extra personal/flex days and paid volunteer days a year for your favorite cause
- Company sponsored team-bonding events
- Weekly health & wellness activities (e.g. basketball, football, yoga, running), gym discounts, healthy breakfast, snacks and beverages
- Entrepreneurial culture and amazing coworkers!