Yodeck is looking for a media relations professional with an extroverted personality and strong communication skills to build relationships with journalists, bloggers and IT influencers. This position reports to the [Head of Marketing], and is the first of its kind within our marketing team.
We’re looking for someone who is experienced and passionate about building relationships and is comfortable working in a closely measured environment where quantifiable results are the primary goal. Some experience in a similar, public relations role that requires media outreach will be of great value. The ideal candidate has a strong “sales” orientation characterized by exceptional interpersonal skills, determination, and optimism.
What You’ll Do
- Build Your Rolodex. To succeed in this role, you’ll need to build a large database of bloggers, editors, journalists and other media professionals. There are tools that automate some of this work, but they’re supplementary to rolling up your sleeves and building media lists by hand.
- Reach Out and Touch Someone. Outreach is the core, day-to-day activity in this role. You will email, call, follow, InMail, Tweet, email some more, then email again. You will send new and follow-up pitches every single day, and develop relationships along the way.
- Influence Influencers. Speaking of relationships, you will get to know the missions and motivations of prominent professionals in our market. You’ll harness your creative super powers to uncover win-win opportunities, and see them through to completion.
- Strategeryze. To stand out from competitors and a myriad of other PR campaigns, you’ll need to be strategic. And that starts with content ideation. You’ll collaborate with our content team to develop ideas and strategies that target specific audiences with specific outcomes in mind.
- Report and Analyze. You will be responsible for measuring the performance of campaigns and our program at large. You’ll track outreach efforts and their impact on links, social shares, traffic and more. You’ll wrangle this data in a spreadsheet and regularly report results.
- Excellent Communicator. We know this is trite, but you must truly have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You will send a lot of emails, place the occasional phone call, and perhaps even pen a press brief. This is a must-have. No fudging.
- Extroverted. There are always exceptions to the rule, but people who thrive in this position are outgoing and not afraid to send a “cold” email or phone call. Outreach is the name of this game, and you love to compete by sending more emails or making more calls than anyone else.
- Persistent and Persuasive. It’s hard work earning media coverage for free. Sometimes you win by following up; other times persuasion pays off. We’re looking for someone with innate perseverance–someone with a knack for getting others to take action.
- Self-Starter. This is a new role for our company. We don’t want you going rogue, but you will get a fair amount of autonomy to build this program (i.e. a lot of responsibility). You’re the kind of person who takes action and ownership (instead of waiting to be told what to do).
- Obsessively Organized and Productive. An effective media relations program requires great attention to detail and lots of coordination. If you have a penchant for getting stuff done–maybe you’ve even read the book a few times–we want to hear from you.
- Competitive remuneration package
- Impressive benefits package, incl. training budget, office gym & personal trainers, nutritionist, health insurance plan, internal courses and workshops, and much more
- Company-wide bonus scheme and a great Stock Option plan
- You will be working with an extremely talented and cohesive team
- Your input will directly affect final deliverables and time planning
- Great working conditions, zero formalities, with awesome geeks and a beautiful office space (check out Yodeck on Glassdoor)
|Digital Marketing, Digital Media, Social Media
|Media Relations Specialist
|Information Technology and Services