We are seeking an experienced Senior Fullstack Developer with a strong focus on Node backend and cloud development to join our dynamic team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining robust, scalable, and secure web APIs while also managing the infrastructure and deployment process using modern AWS architecture practices.
The successful applicant will work to improve and scale our roster of web products: a management dashboard, an internal data annotation tool, a drone flight setup and control app, internal backend tooling, and new unreleased products. This is an excellent opportunity to work on innovative applications with a big impact in the renewable energy space.
The successful candidate will join a small, but highly capable team with great links into the industry and who are passionate about creating intelligent robotic solutions. Come and join the team and be part of our journey.
We are dedicated to building a workplace of the future and believe in equal opportunities and that diversity drives innovation. We are an inclusive workplace and we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design and implement RESTful APIs and microservices using AWS services (API Gateway, Cognito, Lambda, SQS, SNS, DynamoDB).
- Optimise the performance and scalability of web applications and APIs, ensuring a seamless user experience.
- Ensure the quality and reliability of web applications and APIs.
- Collaborate with product managers and other developers to design, develop, and maintain web applications using modern front-end and back-end frameworks (e.g., React, Angular, Node.js, etc.)
- Work closely with architects to design and maintain infrastructure, automate deployments, and ensure high availability and scalability of web applications on AWS.
- Troubleshoot and debug issues in production environments and provide timely solutions to minimise downtime and ensure smooth operation of web applications and APIs.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in front-end and back-end technologies, DevOps practices, and AWS services.
- 5 years experience developing modern web apps in a modern tech team
- Experience with event-driven design patterns
- Strong experience with AWS services and Well-Architected principles
- Strong experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and automation tools
- Expertise in modern front-end frameworks such as React, Angular, or Vue.js.
- Expertise in server-side development with Node.js, or Python
- Experience with databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, or MongoDB.
- Strong experience with testing frameworks such as Jest, Cypress, or Artillery.
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills.
- Company share option plan
- No dress code formalities. Come to work with your pyjamas if you want!
- Flexible working hours, incl. work from home one day a week
- Annual training budget to develop your skills and career