What does Nodes & Links do?
We are a team of curious minds on a mission to revolutionise the way in which complex, engineering projects are planned and delivered. We provide users with previously-unattainable insights, at an unprecedented speed and ease, whilst promoting collaboration and information sharing within teams.
TechNation thinks we are one of the best AI start-ups in the UK, Construction Tech Review says we are one of the best start-ups in in the EU/UK and AWS views us as disruptors of the industry. We are part of University of Oxford’s Creative Destruction Lab and Entrepreneur First alumni. We recently won the ‘Risk Innovation’ award from CIR, and have been shortlisted for AI product and innovation awards at CogX and by the British Construction Industry.
This is a great opportunity to join a well-funded and ambitious start up in a dynamic and mission-driven environment, leading the growth from a start-up to a fully-fledged organisation.
What will you do in the role?
- Write code that brings to life sleek UX designs.
- Interact with state-of-the-art cloud backend technologies.
- Collaborate, communicate with different teams, and triage technical issues across teams.
- Write code having quality, testability and performance in mind
- Develop automated tests to ensure code quality across our system.
- Write technical documentation
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
You’ll be joining a team of creative and intellectually curious engineers. We are eager to learn any technology and skill required to get the job done, and share their knowledge with the rest of the team.
With a strong culture of ownership and responsibility, we believe that our job is not done until the job is done.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Ambition to be a world-leading expert.
- Appetite and capacity to keep up with emerging technologies.
- 3-7 years professional experience writing and testing modern, web-based applicationso Programming/Scripting language (preferably TypeScript).o Web application frameworks (Angular, React, Vue).o State-of-the-art reactive programming (e.g., WebSockets, RxJS).o CSS preprocessors (Sass or LESS)
- Code evangelist; pride in readable, well-designed, well-tested and good-looking software, using best practices.
- Experience in cloud services and microservices architecture.
- Experience with modern third-party frontend libraries (utility e.g. lodash, visualisation e.g. d3, echarts, threejs, grids/tables e.g. ag-grid)
- Experience in writing unit tests (e.g. Jasmine, Karma, Jest, Storybook)
- Experience in building SaaS platforms used by a high volume of subscribers/customers. Be able to test the performance of the site using DevTools.
- Degree in Computer Science, or similar technical field of study.
We’re also excited if you have:
- Experience with AWS services (e.g. API Gateway, S3, Cloudfront, Kinesis streams, Amplify, Cognito).
- A deeper understanding of web graphics technologies: SVG, canvas, WebGL.
What if you’re a partial fit?
We prioritise grit, positivity, and drive for growth, and encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn’t exactly match this job description.
UK, Cyprus or Greece or Remote (GMT/CET/EET time zone)
- We have strong opinions, weakly held
- Explorers. Data is our compass and innovation our destination
- We are independent thinkers. We are not afraid of looking where no one else is
- Team players. We believe the whole is bigger than the sum of its parts
- Hard working but not workaholic.
- Continuously evolving the way we do things. Even our #donut dates
Nodes & Links is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.K
Besides a competitive salary, we are also proud to support you with:
- Equity options, because our success as a company is your success 💹
- Work with a team of rockstars. Yes – the team is that good 🚀
- Remote work budget, so you can build your perfect set up (£/€ 500 year 1 – £/€ 100 year 2) 🏠
- Personal development budget, so you can become the best version of you (£/€ 1,000 pa) 📔
- International Health Care 🧘🏾♀️
- Company laptop, so you can be mobile and work with the best tech 💻
- Annual summer trip, because fun with your teammates matters 💃🏻
- Wedding/Civil Partnerships additional leave of 3 days us ❤️