About Signal Ocean: Signal Ocean is the technology arm of the Signal Group, a diversified shipping services group with offices in London and Athens. Our main product, The Signal Ocean Platform, allows ship charterers, brokers and owners to securely process, combine and analyse complex arrays of private and public shipping data. Powered by sophisticated machine learning / artificial intelligence technologies, the platform delivers customized, exclusive insights that help our clients achieve performance and efficiency.
About the team: The day-to-day work of the team consists of elaborate reporting that powers the fair & transparent distribution of earnings to our partners and focuses on optimizing performance in relation to competition.
Technology Stack: We build cloud solutions using C#, .NET Core, React, Service Fabric, Python, MongoDB, MSSQL Server, Redis, Docker, Kubernetes, Grafana, Influx and more. We also offer the opportunity to work on state-of-the-art architectures and technology stacks, as well as a global, Artificial Intelligence-powered technology product vision. We organize our teams using the concepts of Dual-track Agile (Scrum) methodologies and we would love to onboard people who are going to contribute across product discovery, delivery, optimization, QA, DevOps and Continuous Integration.
We are looking for high-potential backend C#.NET Software Engineers to join our Product Delivery function in Athens.
What you bring to the team:
- Knowledge and an active interest in Design Patterns and SOLID architecture principles
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases (design, administration, tuning) and with ORM frameworks e.g. Entity Framework, Dapper, etc.
- Above basic skills and understanding of cloud-computing, preferably MS Azure
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements and aggressive delivery timelines; Agile development experience (including tools like Visual studio, Git, TeamCity, SCRUM/Agile tools) is welcome
- Masters or Bachelors university degree in Computer Science, related technical field or exceptional practical experience
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation with additional performance incentives.
- Coverage under the company’s collective health insurance plan.
- Opportunity to work alongside experienced people with deep knowledge in software engineering, data science & shipping business who are always eager to mentor.
- COVID Remote Work setup (primarily remotely, with up to 5 days per month in the office for connectedness/team bonding purposes). Post-COVID setup in-progress.
- 2-4 weeks of onboarding training to prepare you for your new role, having the opportunity to meet about 30 trainers/leaders while diving deep into our products and/or the shipping world.
- Career growth opportunities and a structured development discussion every 4 months.
- Individual learning budget for training, seminars, conferences (750 to 2000 EUR annually depending on seniority) and unlimited free access to all Udemy courses.
- Online weekly workout program incorporating various exercise styles (pilates, yoga, strength training, cardio).
- Fun and well-equipped work environment that includes our in-house restaurant with healthy, freshly cooked lunches every day, ping pong & billiard tables.
- Regular team bonding events and activities.
Strict adherence to Confidentiality, Intellectual Property and Non-Compete provisions is expected.
All applications will be considered under the terms and conditions of confidentiality in accordance with the regulations of personal data protection.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. At Signal, we believe that diversity of opinions, approaches and viewpoints is key to our innovation and success and we encourage that with our hiring, development and rewards practices. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristics by law and take actions to eliminate those from our workplace.mation, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristics by law and take actions to eliminate those from our workplace.